Launching in Australia in September 2013, Ladbrokes.com.au has grown to become of the nation’s leading bookmakers.
It is part of the UK gaming giant Ladbrokes plc., whose origins date back to 1886. The company employs over 15,000 people across the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Spain and Australia. Ladbrokes is publically listed and trades on the London Stock Exchange. They also have a physical presence in Europe, with over 2,800 retail-betting shops. Ladbrokes.com.au is one of thirteen tailored betting websites operated by the parent company.
As a means of entering Australia, Ladbrokes purchased Bookmaker.com.au, a Brisbane-based bookmaker that was itself launched in February 2012. Bookmaker.com.au and Ladbrokes.com.au operate using identical markets and odds. The only differences are the template designs and sign up promotions.
WEBSITE AND MOBILE APP:
- Slick betting interface
- Good selection of deposit options, including POLi 2 and Paypal
- Excellent betting promotions – arguably the best of any bookmaker
- Easy sign up and verification process
- Low $0.50 minimum online bet
- Can split bonus credit into up to four bets
- Good multi betting functionality
- Members can opt in to receive a Ladbrokes prepaid VISA Card that is linked to their betting account
- Innovative QuickCall feature for fast live betting
- You can receive an Odds Boost for a racing selection of your choice once a day
- Established, well known sports betting brand
- Dormant account fees
- Higher than average bookmaker margins
- Have been known to suspend or limit the accounts of successful punters
- Have been known to ‘promo ban’ punters often who regularly use promotional offers
Ladbrokes represents the latest expansion of a UK betting giant into Australia. Rather than start from scratch, they have purchased Bookmaker.com.au and created the Australian Ladbrokes service using the same markets, odds and website back end.
When it came to choosing an Australian bookmaker to amalgamate, they chose well. The website interface is state of the art, with excellent betting functionality and a well-designed account management area. The betting selection is strong, with an especially large range of markets for the popular Australian codes.
It’s also great the fact that bonus credit can be split up into multiple wagers rather than forcefully wagered in one hit. Ladbrokes is likely to remain one of Australia’s leading online bookmakers in years to come.
BONUS BET/SIGN UP OFFERS
Ladbrokes Australia offers one of the largest betting bonuses in Australia – a $250 Deposit Match! Check through all the other sites and you will see that this is one of the best value bonuses available.
If you wish to take advantage of the full $250 in bonus bets, then new punters must sign-up by clicking here.
Alternatively, you can have any smaller amount matched at 100%. Deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, deposit $50 and receive $50 bonus and so on!